Sonora, 1975

Misión de San Diego de Pitiquito. The original mission was founded in 1694 by Eusebio Kino S.J. and named Natividad del Señor de Pitiquin. In 1767, The Jesuits were expelled from New Spain and the Franciscans took over the mission, built a new chrch and renamed it. Fray Pedro Font, who traveled to California with Anza, died here in 1781